Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Güncel Haberler

Halloween Look: Pumpkin

I've already said it and I will say it again, I am not a look queen. I much prefer testing and reviewing products opposed to creating looks but this Halloween I've decided to go out of my comfort zone and create a few different looks, that if I can do them, then anyone can.


Today's look was inspired by a look that I saw on the Halloweenmakeupideas2019 instagram account and it is a pumpkin look. However, the look I created ended up being quite different to the original. I knew I wasn't going to be able to copy it exactly, as I do not have that skill but I wanted to create something similar. This look doesn't necessarily go with a specific look but I guess you could just wear an orange top and call it a day.

Everything I Used:

  • Revolution Hydrate and Conceal Concealer
  • Illamasqua Skin Base
  • Revolution Setting Powder
  • Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette
  • Revolution x Roxi Palette
  • L'Oreal Copper Eyeliner
  • Revolution Colour Corrector
  • Maybelline Gel Eyeliner
  • Marc Jacobs Gel Eyeliner
  • Eylure Lashes
  • Nars Climax Mascara
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance
  • MAC Fix +

The Look

I started off by applying concealer around my eyes to act as a base. It is important to do your foundation after the eye makeup cause there is fall out and potential for needing a face wipe. After this I went ahead and started with my eyes. I started off by laying down a base of a mixture of Honey from the Roxi x Revolution Palette and Creamsicle from the Jaclyn Hill Palette. I wanted to create a strong yellow base to the look. This took quite a while because yellow is a surprisingly hard shade to build up but just pack and blend, and you will be fine. 

I didn't want to deepen the crease much more so I went straight to my lid and I packed on the aptly named Pumpkin from the Roxi palette. I have to say this wasn't building up how I wanted initially but a bit of MAC Fix + sorted that out right away. Once I had built up the orange I desired, I then went into the crease with Cookie from the Roxi palette just to bring the yellow and orange together a bit.


This is when the more difficult part came in and once again required a bit of Fix +. I began using Jacz from the Jaclyn Hill Palette to start making lines on my eyes like you get on a pumpkin. It is almost a striped effect but a bit more blurred. Using Jacz keeps the warmth of the look but creates subtle lines which is really what you want. The key is that you want the lines to be quite thin yet blended so you have to use the smallest brush you can. I started off light and built up because once you've done too much you can't go back. Do the lines underneath your eyes as well. 

Once I was happy with the lines I used the Maybelline Gel Liner to line both lash lines and my water line to make it really dark. This reminds me of my youth because this amount of eyeliner is what I used to wear when I went on a night out when I was 18. I did not flick out my eyeliner at this stage because I had plans for that a little bit later. Around my eye lid and especially the crease, I used the L'Oreal Matte Signature Copper Eyeliner to add little dots of colour and the look of pumpkin imperfections. The first time I tried this look I did the dots too big so I was more careful the second time. I also used a small amount above the black gel line just to add a bit of emphasis and more of a copper tone.


Then I went back to my black liquid line. I started off by extending it a little and making the outer corner, the corner of a pumpkins mouth. Without a pumpkin face, I realise this doesn't look very pumpkin like so Aleisha (my work wife) recommended doing a pumpkin face as part of the liner and I love this. Plus it doesn't have to be particularly neat which is the best part. Once I was happy with the mouth, I drew two little triangle eyes and a nose. It is a cute touch to display what the look is. 

That's the eyes done so then I applied my foundation, the Illamasqua Skin Base, making sure not to ruin my hard work. I then set it just to keep it in place and to do this I used the Revolution Lace Loose Powder. I wanted to add a orangey tint to my face so I used the orange shade Realgar in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette to contour. For highlight I wanted something quite light so I used the shade Enlight in the Jaclyn Hill Palette to highlight. 

I really wanted a burnt orange lipstick but I couldn't find one in my collection. I ended up using the L'Oreal Copper Liner (from the back of my hand and a different brush,) to line my lips with a copper tone and used the Revolution Red Colour Corrector for my lips. I can't recommend doing this because it does move around but it did what I needed it to do.



This was not the initial look I was going for but I was happy with it in the end. One trick is to create a stencil for the pumpkin face just to make it a tad easier if you aren't good at free hand. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar

Yorumlar